Food photo of the week

Food photo of the week
Chocolate Chip Cookies...I really like how this one came out! Proud of myself on this picture!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teriyaki Hamburger and Turkey Burgers

1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp ginger powder or finely grated fresh ginger
3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce

3 tablespoons soy sauce or shoyu sauce
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1/2 red onion chopped fine

Mix all ingredients into a large bowl. I like to use my hands it gets it mixed just a little better, and I like the gooeyness weird I know. After mixing make into medium sized burgers. This will make 4 very large burgers or 6 medium sized burger. When you roll them and flatten make the center a little thinner than the outside, cooks them a little more evenly so you don't have raw burger. Cook on a grill or in a frying pan. When you see the brown on the burgers coming up the sides and its a little more than halfway up, flip them. Try as hard as possible to not press releases the yummy juices. Cook for another 3-5 min.
They are ready to serve however you like your burger. With teriyaki I like to use a pineapple ring and a red onion ring with my special mayo recipe and of course romaine lettuce. If you want an extra teriyaki kick splash a little on the burgers about 2 min before they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment