Food photo of the week

Food photo of the week
Chocolate Chip Cookies...I really like how this one came out! Proud of myself on this picture!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sugar Tit Recipe

Now there are many different things that people think that this is. For me my mom called sugar tits the left over bits of pie crust baked with sugar, sugar tits.
We loved them! This is a variation of my own way. You can do it the traditional way and wait until you bake a pie and use the left over bits of crust or use the recipe I have concocted :)



4 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups shortening
3 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 egg
1/2 cup water

Brown sugar
white sugar
cinnamon
nutmeg
cloves
(example toppings)

Beat the egg and the water together, in a small dish and set off to the side. Take all other ingredients and blend with a fork or pastry blender, until it looks like coarse bread crumbs. Combine the water and egg mix with the flour mix. Chill until ready to use.
Roll it out and sprinkle with sugar, I like to do different types. I will do some with cinnamon, brown sugar and brush a little butter over the tops, sugar cinnamon and nutmeg combination. Try anything on them. Cut into what ever shape you desire and bake at 350* until lightly brown, golden brown will make them super flaky.

You can also take your favorite pie crust, store bought and add you spices and sugar and bake it just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment