Food photo of the week

Food photo of the week
Chocolate Chip Cookies...I really like how this one came out! Proud of myself on this picture!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Teriyaki Steak sandwiches

The Teriyaki Steak sandwiches were amazing! I don't have a picture they were devoured too quickly but here is the recipe. I didn't find my pineapple juice so I substituted with orange juice, worked just fine.

1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (I use kikoman, shoyu is good)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon of worcestshire sauce
3/4 cup orange juice (pineapple juice is best, apple is good with chicken)
1/4 cup of agave (better for you than sugar but if you don't have it use brown sugar)
3 cloves of garlic, smashed and finely chopped
2 tablespoons of fresh ginger root, finely diced (cut off a piece, cut off the "bark" and use the yellowish white insides)

2 1/2 cups of water
1 lb of shaved beef (chicken or pork too. Or taking thin cut round tip steak, cut into small thin slices)

Combine all ingredients in a pot and cook over medium high heat until cooked through. If you are using chicken breast or bigger pieces of steak reduce the heat to medium low. You can also cook on low for several hours and watch it every 15 minutes to make sure no burning or sticking is occurring, it will ruin the flavor. This can also be a slow-cooker or dutch oven recipe.

When done put on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or Potato Rolls. Done up with a pineapple ring and red onion ring. Using my special mayo, minus the herbs. 1/2 cup mayo to juice of 1/2 a lemon. My husband added BBQ and loved it that way too. Really awesome with some coleslaw or light salad.
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment