Food photo of the week

Food photo of the week
Chocolate Chip Cookies...I really like how this one came out! Proud of myself on this picture!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Spruced up Sloppy Joes

Decided on an easy meal for dinner, and I always have at least a couple of seasoning packets laying around for just such days. But, I find it extremely difficult to just keep with the instructions on the back, I just can't do it, maybe its the words telling me what to do I can't take or that I just want to make it into something more delicious. And I had a horrible experience with a can of sloppy joes, the seasoning packets are A LOT better, and you can change it up a little more in any way that you wish and not even use it for sloppy joes...? Yea, I have a recipe for a few others too. But this is what I came up with for tonight, and it was pretty killer. If you don't like pineapple then just try adding a tomato slice to the sandwich or a nice crispy piece of lettuce, bacon anything to give it a little oomph. Sloppy joes can be a little overwhelmingly "one" flavored, if you do that try using beef or chicken stock instead of the water. That gives it even more!



1.5 lbs lean ground beef/turkey/chicken
1 Tablespoon of olive oil (if meat is 93% or more lean)
1 1/2 packets of Simply Organic Sloppy Joe Seasoning
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water(or use juice from pineapple)
1 can pineapple rings
1/2 red onion diced fine
2 garlic cloves minced finely

Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Put in the olive oil if using a lean meat. Brown the meat, garlic and onions together. Add the seasoning packet(s). Stir frequently until it binds together a little, next stir in the ketchup and water/pineapple juice. Once heated thoroughly serve on buns with a pineapple ring and the "sloppy" meat. ENJOY FOODIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment