Food photo of the week

Food photo of the week
Chocolate Chip Cookies...I really like how this one came out! Proud of myself on this picture!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cre'pes Tangerine Suzette

These are soooo good! Not that good for you, but I am working on a healthier version.

1 1/4 cups whole milk
3 eggs
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 stick o butter (I can't push this enough...REAL butter makes a HUGE difference)
1/3 cup sugar

1 tablespoon Tangerine zest (you can use an orange I just prefer tangerines they are more a stable flavor, as oranges can be a little bitter here and there)
1/4 cup orange flavored liquer or 1 1/2 tablespoon of orange extract
Juice of 2 tangerines

In a blender or food processor combine milk, eggs and the melted butter, blend until well combined. Reduce speed to low and slowly add in the flour and salt. Blend for 1 minute. Strain batter through a sieve, cover and put in the fridge for 1 hr. ( I will be honest , I don't always do the sieve)
Spray a medium sized skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Lift and "swirl" the batter around in the pan to coat the bottom in a thin layer. Cook for 1 minute. Lift with a spatula and loosen the cre'pe before flipping, flip and cook for another 30 seconds. (If it starts to burn in any way reduce the heat, some peoples stoves cook differently than mine) Repeat with all of the remaining batter.
Sauce:
Melt the stick of butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add sugar orange peel and juice. Simmer 2-3 minutes. Add the cre'pes one at a time into the sauce, turning them to coat, fold each one into quarters. Repeat until the pan is filled with the folded cre'pes.
Add the liquer or the orange extract. Ignite pan with a match to flambe'. Once the flame is gone serve right away. Do I have to say it?...I will...DO THIS VERY CAREFULLY. I have burnt myself a time or two with this and its no picnic! Enjoy! Next time I make it I will post a recent picture and post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment