Food photo of the week

Food photo of the week
Chocolate Chip Cookies...I really like how this one came out! Proud of myself on this picture!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Fresh Green Beans


This is wonderful with the sockeye salmon. My kids love these beans it is my daughters favorite way to eat them.
2 cups of fresh cut green beans (cut to about 1 1/2 inch pieces)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, I prefer to grate myself there's a fresher taste
1/4 cup Pecorino romano cheese, again I grate it
5 cloves of garlic


3 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Pinch of salt

Finely chop the garlic, sprinkle the pinch of salt over the garlic and continue to chop. Not only does this season the green beans but it will also help to draw out the moisture of the garlic and help to chop it finer. Place the garlic and salt in a cup add the butter and olive oil, microwave for about 20-30 seconds until the butter is melted. Place the green beans in a roasting pan, pour the garlic mix over the beans and toss well. Now top with the cheeses and bake at 350 for 25-30 min. Depends on how crunchy you want you green beans we like them soft but still crunchy takes about 40 min. Just continue to look in on them and make sure they don't burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment