Food photo of the week

Food photo of the week
Chocolate Chip Cookies...I really like how this one came out! Proud of myself on this picture!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Accidental Granola

While making some oatmeal raisin cookies, I got distracted by my daughter mixing in the oats and raisins, yep my 3 year old cooks too! I got so distracted I forgot to add the flour to the cookies and had put them in a mini muffin pan to make mini cookies that would be perfectly round for the kids. Halfway through the baking process I realized that I had forgotten the flour when they looked funny and bubbly. I let it continue to cook until it was a little more than golden brown and scooped it up out onto a flat sheet and let it dry out as much as possible.

I had about 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, tablespoon vanilla beat together well until creamy. Add about 2 1/2 cups oats ( I like to use the old fashioned ones not the quick oats) and one package of raisins. Add 2 teaspoons clove, 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix really well and cook a casserole dish, it will bubble up and "pop" and slowly sink around the oats and then get dryer and start to turn brown. Let it dry and eat up!



This is an estimate of what I did, play with it, add dry fruits, craisins or anything that you like

No comments:

Post a Comment